A recipe of any nutritious homemade food with the ingredients available at your home by answering the given questions in the guidelines.
Learning Outcome/ Content: Students will be able to write answers to questions (Unit 2: Food and Nutrition)
Guidelines for Writing Assignment (Steps/Stages): To get stronger immunity it is important to eat nutritious food. Write a recipe of nutritious homemade food that can be made with the ingredients available at your home. Answer the following questions:
a) What is the name of the dish?
b) What are the ingredients that are required to prepare the dish?
c) Write in detail about the process of preparing the dish.
d) What is the nutritive value of the dish you have prepared?
START WRITING FROM HERE:
A The name of the dish is “ Chicken Ball And Spinach Soup Recipe ”.
Chicken Ball And Spinach Soup Recipe
Chicken Ball And Spinach Soup: A subtle tasting and low fat soup. The flavor is light and lemony. Its full of healthy vegetables, light chicken balls and is filling to the core.
Ingredients of Chicken Ball And Spinach Soup
- For chicken balls:
- 500 gram Chicken leg or breast (minced, leg will result in a softer texture)
- Spring onion greens, finely chopped
- Carrots, shredded
- 1 tsp White pepper powder
- 2 Chicken stock cubes (crumbled)
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp Ginger, grated
- 1 Egg (for binding)
- to taste Salt
- A pinch of Star anise powder
- 2 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 3 tbsp Soya sauce
- Potato starch (optional)
- For the soup:
- 5 cups Chicken stock or hot water mixed with 2 stock cubes
- 1/2 cup Mushrooms, chopped
- Few Spinach leaves (ripped)
- Bean sprouts (cleaned and kept aside)
- 3 Lemons (juiced)
- Soya sauce
- to taste Salt
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
How to Make Chicken Ball And Spinach Soup
Prepare chicken balls:
- Mix all ingredients above with mince till evenly distributed and place in the refrigerator.
Prepare the soup:
- Heat stock and when boiling add the egg mix till it scrambles in the soup. Mix lightly.
- Take chicken out of fridge and form balls with wet hands. Add to soup.
- Now taste the soup and adjust seasoning with salt and soya sauce.
- Finally add mushrooms and shredded carrots. Let it cook till they have a nice crunch and not overdone.
- Add lemon juice. Taste. If you need more juice, add. Dont overcook the lemon juice.
- At the end, just before serving, throw in the bean sprouts and torn spinach leaves and serve.
- Serve with vinegar-chillies and your favorite chilli sauce.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Serving Size: 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
|Total Fat||1.8 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||0.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||17.8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2.5 g|
|Vitamin A||63.7 %|
|Vitamin B-12||0.0 %|
|Vitamin B-6||2.9 %|
|Vitamin C||19.3 %|
|Vitamin D||0.0 %|
|Vitamin E||2.1 %|
|Pantothenic Acid||0.1 %|
Key Ingredients: Chicken leg or breast (minced, leg will result in a softer texture), Spring onion greens, Carrots, White pepper powder, Chicken stock cubes (crumbled), Sesame oil, Ginger, Egg (for binding), Salt, Star anise powder, Garlic, Soya sauce, Potato starch (optional), Chicken stock or hot water mixed with 2 stock cubes, Mushrooms, Spinach leaves (ripped), Bean sprouts (cleaned and kept aside), Lemons (juiced), Soya sauce, Salt, Eggs (beaten)