লিখিত পরীক্ষা ঢাকা বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়, ”ঘ” ইউনিট
Select the correct word to complete the sentences (question 1-5):
- The dress was designed by ——— famous Italian artist.
- a B. the C. an D. one
- It is the ——— city of the country.
- most populous B. more populous C. most people D. most population
- Who says that you can go ——— the world in eighty days?
- over B. around C. across D. beyond
- ———- to Barishal by bus yesterday?
- Did Jashim went B. Had Jashim go C. Was Jashim go D. Did Jashim go
- Warning! No unauthorized personnel ——— this point.
- about B. beyond C. here D. then
Read the following passage and answer (question 6-10)
|Money is not only coins and banknotes. It is anything that people are willing to use in order to represent the value of other things for the purpose of exchanging goods and services. Money enables people to compare quickly and easily the value of different commodities (such as fish and shoes), to exchange one thing for another, and to store wealth conveniently. There have been many types of money. The most familiar is the coin, which is a standardized piece of imprinted metal. Yet money existed long before the invention of coins, and cultures have prospered using things as currency, such as cowries, cattle, skins, salt, grains, beads, cloth and [promissory notes. In modern prisons, cigarettes have often served as money.
Nowadays people do not have to carry money when they go for shopping, they can use debit or cash cards. This cards are also called plastic money.
- What is the passage about?
- The history of money in human society
- How money changes society
- How coins came into existence
- The importance of plastic money
- What was the most well-known form of money in the past?
(a) Cowries (b) Computer bits (c) Coins (d) Stone
- How does the passage define money?
- Anything that is used to represent the value of something and used of something and used of the purpose of exchange of goods and services
- Cowries and coins are used for the purpose of exchange of foods and services
- Something that is only used to store wealth
- A standardized piece of imprinted metal
- According to the passage ————-.
- debit or cash cards were early forms of money
- debit and cash cards have always been there
- debit and cash cards are newer forms of money
- debit and cash cards are money only in our imagination
- The passage suggests that ———
- coins excited long before the invention of money
- cowries were never counted as money
- in ancient times, cigarettes were used as money
- coins followed the invention of money
- The correct synonym of ‘mediocre’ is ——-
(a) average (b) industrious (c) Ordinary (d) better
- Choose the correct sentences
- The railway will compensate us with the loss
- The railway will compensate us for the loss
- The railway will compensate us the loss
- The railway will compensate us loser
- What is the meaning of the proverb “Do not put the cart before the horse”?
- Put the horse behind the cart.
- Do not follow any order when you do things
- A cart cannot move without horse
- Do things in proper order
- The correct antonyms of “spurious” is ———
- cautious B. fantastic C. modest D. genuine
- Tina is renowned ——– her oratory.
- with B. of C. in D. for
- He was not conversant ——- the plan.
- of B. to C. with D. in
1.Translate the following paragraph into English
মা আমার সবচেয়ে বড় সমালোচক ছিলেন। তিনি আমার সব সেমিনারে যেতেন। আমি সাবলীলভাবে কথা বলতে না পারলেও তিনি বুঝতে পারতেন। আমার কাজে বা কথায় কেউ কষ্ট পেলে তিনি সাবধান করে দিতেন। তিনি বলতেন, ” মনে রেখো মা, তুমি চলে গেলে মানুষ তোমার ব্যবহারটাই মনে রাখবে।” 5
2.Write a paragraph on the political leadership of the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman in ten(10) sentences. 10